Main Street Greenville
503 Washington Avenue
Greenville, MS 38701
Phone - 662.378.3121
Fax - 662.378.3966
- Bringing the community together for the common goal of saving downtown.
- Building consensus and cooperation among the many groups and individuals who have a role in the revitalization process.
- Raising money for projects and administration from donations and sponsorships.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Enhancing the physical appearance of downtown.
- Educating others about good design.
- Encouraging quality property improvements.
- Guiding future growth and shaping regulations.
- Creating and implementing design incentive programs.
- Promoting downtown in a broader sense.
- Identifying downtown assets.
- Defining downtown’s market niche.
- Creating new image campaigns- retail promotion and special events.
- Learning about downtown’s current economic development condition.
- Identifying opportunities for market growth.
- Strengthening existing businesses and recruiting new ones.
- Finding new economic uses for traditional downtown buildings.
- Developing financial incentives and capital for building rehabilitations and business development.
- Monitoring the economic performance of the district.